
Have you ever been to church or some other event and noticed a cute couple who've coordinated their outfits? His tie matches her dress, or somesuch? Somehow it evokes a feeling of blissful unity and I admit, I love it.
We had the pleasure of sitting next to such a couple in church last Sunday. His lavender satin tie matched her floral blouse. It was lovely. I asked the man if his wife had coordinated their ensemble and was surprised when the answer was no. He responded that in fact, HE had matched his tie to HER outfit. I was astounded. How does this happen, and why isn't it happening in my life? I needed to know, so I nudged my spouse and said: Did you hear him?! He coordinated their look. HE did! Waddaya think about that, hmmmmm?
We stood there an awkward moment in front of this outfit coordinating, fantastic oddity of mankind and I began to feel a little ashamed. Because while my husband isn't necessarily style savvy, he does some really nice things. For example, I'm pretty sure he's the only man on the earth who turns his dirty clothes right side out before putting them in the laundry basket. (Sorry girls...he's mine!) As I considered some of the other thoughtful things he does, Sir William leaned over to the man and whispered:
If I coordinated my tie with her outfit, I'd have to change ties FIVE times before leaving the house.
...Oh, yes he did.
Wanna guess who's clothes will be folded wrong side out, henceforth and forever?
We had the pleasure of sitting next to such a couple in church last Sunday. His lavender satin tie matched her floral blouse. It was lovely. I asked the man if his wife had coordinated their ensemble and was surprised when the answer was no. He responded that in fact, HE had matched his tie to HER outfit. I was astounded. How does this happen, and why isn't it happening in my life? I needed to know, so I nudged my spouse and said: Did you hear him?! He coordinated their look. HE did! Waddaya think about that, hmmmmm?
We stood there an awkward moment in front of this outfit coordinating, fantastic oddity of mankind and I began to feel a little ashamed. Because while my husband isn't necessarily style savvy, he does some really nice things. For example, I'm pretty sure he's the only man on the earth who turns his dirty clothes right side out before putting them in the laundry basket. (Sorry girls...he's mine!) As I considered some of the other thoughtful things he does, Sir William leaned over to the man and whispered:
If I coordinated my tie with her outfit, I'd have to change ties FIVE times before leaving the house.
...Oh, yes he did.
Wanna guess who's clothes will be folded wrong side out, henceforth and forever?
Love it! :)
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome!
ReplyDelete