Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Outta Here

It's been a particularly rough week for dear Lady May. She's having to learn some tough lessons and threatened to run away tonight. "I'm leaving AFTER my shower", she said. I told her I could relate. Sometimes I want to run away too. She ran upstairs and after a few minutes I heard the shower running. On the counter was her "suitcase", an old cassette storage box. I couldn't resist a peek inside and found everything any little girl would need while on the run: blankie, stuffed giraffe and...



AN ALARM CLOCK ??!!

Wherever she's going, I guess she'll be on time (and pretty clean).

7 comments:

  1. Awwwww! How cute is that? Tell her I'll bring the chocolate and we'll go somewhere together!

    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids are awesome, I totally remember "running away" I packed my bags and got to the end of my street, stayed there for what seemed like hours to a 7 yr. old, but was probably 1/2 an hour tops. I then got hungry and went home. :) Kids, gotta luv um.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is freakin halarious!!! I remember when I was younger I ran away several times, usually to my closet until someone bothered to come find me. Then as I got older I went to friends houses. LOL! To be young again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA I love her tell her she can run away to our house anytime she needs to. When I was younger my older brother Gabe was baby sitting and I was so not ok with it so I packed my barbie suitcase with clothes and oreos and headed down the street until my mom saw me as she was driving about two blocks from home. (I was about 6 years old) haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats toooo funny!!! I never threatened to run away in fear I would get in more trouble, and if I did run away, an alarm clock would be the last thing I would take... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute!!!!! Glad I found ya on here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's too cute. I knew she was a fire-cracker. My kids never got past the empty threat. Glad you took the opportunity to record this. It's good story-telling... So what changed her mind enough to make her unpack?

    ReplyDelete