This year, the Squire chose to study Alexander the Great, born around 350 BC, best known for his many vast conquests and ruthlessness in battle. While I loathe the project, I too have been known for ruthless frugality and conquered many a thriftstore in my time. So, I deftly completed my part of the assignment and presented the costume for final approval: Princess Leah's dress, Cleopatra's wristlets, gold sash from my senior formal, headband of hot glued silk leaves, spray painted gold, and plastic armor.
Him: Uh, Mom? It's not cool to wear a dress to school.
Me: Hey, no biggie! Problem solved.
Just between you and me, it's probably even less cool to wear white knit maternity pants under your dress to school. But that'll be our little secret, mmkay?
One final question: How on earth do we get a character like the student sitting next to him?! Now that's some costume.
Hysterical!!!! If he only knew......LOL!!!
ReplyDeleteThe leaves put it over the top. It is fabulous. I'll be calling you when mine are in sixth grade ;).
ReplyDeletei am sitting here chuckling as i read. oh how i wish you would make a post every day to get me to laugh. &- jord claims that i have NO sense of humor. love your writing style or maybe its your life...
ReplyDelete